What industry do you work in?
I work in the Mining industry.
What are your strengths?
My strengths are honesty, adaptable, hardworking and am a strong team player.
What inspired you to get into this sort of industry?
What inspired me to get into this industry was the fact that I grew up in the mining environment. Mining will always be part of my life.
What is the most challenging aspect within your field of work?
A challenge for me within this field is the availability of spares.
How do you manage and overcome these challenges?
Ensure proper maintenance, work planning and order of spares
What has been the highlight of your career?
My career highlight this far has been to meet and work with different cultures in Africa.
If somebody starts as a trainee / beginner within your line of work, what could they earn in salary?
Roughly 1000 USD.
What can this person expect to earn after 10 years of experience?
Roughly 3000 USD.
What advice can you offer people who are in the same industry as you?
- Monitor your equipment and make sure you do proper maintenance.
- Plan your job well,availability of spares and equipment.
- Be on top of new developments.
- Always remember safety is no 1
- If you not sure about something,stop and ask your supervisor
If you had to describe yourself in FIVE WORDS, what would they be?
- Strong team player
Where in Africa have you worked before?
I have worked in a few African countries such as South Africa,Namibia,Zambia and Nigeria.
As you know, numerous African countries are being invested in due to their rich minerals. Which country within Africa do you think will be the next hot spot and why?
- Ethiopia because the country is comprised of a variety of minerals.
- Ghana because of the country’s gold and oil.
- Zambia because of the copper and gold in the country.
CA Global is a big believer in Africa, why do YOU believe in Africa?
I’m a born African,I can see the potential here in Africa. Africa can be a world leader.