Reference No. 1107 016 SS
Reference Number: 1107 016 SS
Our client, a listed mining company with operations in the DRC is seeking a Technical Buyer who will form part of the buying team. The ideal incumbent should have the technical ability to understand how to select the right goods and the correct quantity to ensure maximum efficiently of the plant. This position involves interacting with various departments within the organisation and requires a high degree of professional focus and attention to detail.
- Consult with the team and inspect the plant to determine which goods are needed and not needed to ensure maximum efficiently of the plant.
- Investigating and analyzing inventory and act accordingly.
- Interact with relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations.
- Co-ordinate all material needs for production area.
- Cost savings initiative through sound purchasing principles without jeopardizing quality and lead time of parts.
- On-going effort to monitor parts and spares to enhance performance and productivity.
- Responsible for inventory management and minimizing overspend.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Knowledge of equipment and components in use, in an underground mining environment.
- Proven experience as a buyer within the mining industry.
- Overall technical ability.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive package
- Fixed term contract opportunity
- 7/3 Rotation
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.