Reference No. 275 02 RR
Responsible for providing technical sales support, assistance and backup to the Key Account Managers in the client interaction and sales process for all plant, equipment, spare parts & technical services sales. Responsible for compiling technical & commercial proposals based on scope of work provided by Key Accounts Managers. Ensure successful & timeous execution & delivery of orders. Supply Chain Management
- Perform market and supplier analysis & evaluations on an on-going basis and provide recommendations to management.
- Identify potential new manufacturing outsource partners and together with Quality Assurance Manager perform evaluations on their capability, capacity and quality controls.
- Support Key Accounts Managers to ensure knowledge of spare parts and service requirements and to enable company to tender successfully for such required spare parts and technical services, and to propose new equipment that will suit relevant customer requirements.
- Keep up to date with activities of company competition within SADC, plus Kenya market and report to management.
- Support Key Accounts Managers in building contacts & relationships with multi levels within our existing installed client base and keep regular contact with them.
- Build contacts & relationships with various levels within our existing supplier base and with potentially new suppliers and keep regular contact with them.
- Keep up to date with all company brochures and technology changes.
- Perform spare parts and technical services enquiry evaluations.
- Where required, facilitate interaction between group and customers.
- Support estimation activities and quotation process.
- Maintain pricing calculation systems in line with company pricing strategies and ensure the integrity thereof.
- Support Key Accounts Managers with pricing estimation activities as required.
- Support tender preparation & submissions.
- Support technical contract negotiations with clients.
- Responsible for supplier selection, pricing facilitation & negotiation, and execution management.
- Responsible for supplier technical & commercial scope clarification, delivery schedule, contract negotiation & management.
- Facilitate, and obtain supplier tenders for spare parts & services supply.
- Evaluate tenders for spare parts and services supply.
- Support all relevant activities to ensure accurate final price levels.
- Responsible for technical scope in tender documentation.
- Ensure tenders are submitted on time.
- Conduct site meetings with Key Account Managers, suppliers & customers.
- Support client tender clarification meetings.
- Conduct supplier tender clarification meetings.
- Support MD in strategic product/service development strategies.
- Facilitate supply to & from other group subsidiaries with regards both technical & pricing matters.
- Responsible to manage, monitor, control, expedite and execute incoming orders for projects, spare parts and technical services.
- Responsible to manage incoming order execution financial & technical status and ensure adherence to agreed terms and conditions, including initiation of milestone invoices.
- Facilitate & support contract acceptance to clients.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Ensure Change Order Request Management for any/all change in scope of supply/services between company and client, or between company and supplier.
- Project Management of all jobs under execution.
- Plan, facilitate and manage all on-site activities that might be required.
- Ensure completion & finalization of all job related contractual formalities.
- Quality Control Assurance & Management.
- Document control, including support to Quality Control Manager.
- Resolve any non-compliance reports, warrantee claims, concession requests, etc.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of a Mechanical Engineering qualification is required.
- A good knowledge of iron and steel production, casting, rolling, processing, forging, non-ferrous metals production, extrusion, and ferro-alloy smelting industries are required.
- Prior mechanical job execution experience within a metals processing operating plant within operations/maintenance/engineering in one of the above industries is essential.
- An understanding of metallurgical processing plant equipment, components, spare parts and services is essential.
- High competency in reading and interpreting technical documents, engineering drawings, and bills of material.
- Prior experience working with SADC regional workshops in the manufacture (fabrication & machining) of equipment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent employment opportunity
- Competitive annual package
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.