Reference No. 367 09 23 MW
Reference Number: 367 09 23 MW
Our client, an established mining services provider is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Manager who will develop and monitor the company’s procurement & supply chain (P&SC) strategy, with the goal to improve productivity and efficiency and reduce costs while securing high quality materials. The incumbent will keep track of logistics and update the company’s inventory, analyse operational performance and resolve issues.
- Drive P&SC strategy and operational efficiency, processes and procedures, with a proactive and hands-on approach, including resource optimisation and profitability maximization.
- Collaborate with the relevant departments, site and contract managers to ensure P&SC provides a reliable and credible offering to the Head office and site locations.
- Understand the key commodities critical to ensuring business continuity.
- Plan, manage and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies, including improving systems and processes to meet this objective.
- Monitor and correct inventory levels at sites and Head Office to meet changing levels of product demand and to ensure working capital efficiency.
- Support the proper utilization of the ERP system (Sage 300).
- Responsible for routinely reporting on departmental KPIs along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary.
- Ensure effective supplier management.
- Negotiate, develop and maintain appropriate supplier agreements (in consultation with the CFO) to assure quality, service, and price stability.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on supplier management and development on a regular basis.
- Review and update P&SC policies, procedures and practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, laws, inclusive procurement and supply chain sustainability (human rights, fair labour practices, environmental progress, anti-corruption policies etc.).
- Create assurance to the CFO that P&SC principles and practices are adhered to and advise CFO with regards to Supply Market related matters and trends.
- Lead a P&SC team.
- Ensure effective Fleet management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 10 years’ working experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a P&SC function within a similar sized business.
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain standards, policies and practices.
- Knowledge of the mining industry would be advantageous
- A strong delivery and continuous improvement orientation, effective in getting things done with the most effective use of resources, constantly seeking new efficiencies.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.