Reference No. 335 06 RR
Reference Number: 335 06 RR
Our client is seeking a Senior Social Performance Consultant who will provide and carry out social and resettlement activities throughout Africa.
- Managing the administrative and technical aspects of social impact assessment and resettlement projects (either as stand-alone projects or as part of an ESIA).
- Winning projects through proposal compilation and building of positive relationships with new and existing clients.
- Compilation of Social Impact Assessment reports and Resettlement Action Plans.
- Managing socio-economic and asset surveys, including analysis and interpretation of survey data.
- Engaging with stakeholders at community and government levels.
- Liaising with clients and project partners.
- Effectively managing interfaces between disciplines – e.g. coordination between social/ resettlement practitioners and database management, GIS, stakeholder engagement, land surveying, economic modelling, community health impact assessment, etc.
- Provide support and mentorship to junior staff.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Carry out business development and marketing activities.
- Working in close collaboration with specialists from other disciplines.
- Project managing and administrating projects, where required.
- Carry out field work under strenuous conditions.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 8 + years’ experience in resettlement planning or social impact assessments and related field.
- Post graduate degree in Anthropology, Sociology, Research Psychology or related field.
- Experience in special-purpose studies (e.g. Social and Labor Plans, Community Development Plans, influx management, artisanal mining, etc.) would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of French or Swahili would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and prepared to obtain other vaccinations that may be required by clients and for travel purposes.
- Prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment Medical Assessment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment option
- Competitive annual package
- Full range of benefits
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.