Reference No. LB21
Our client an iron ore producer located in Sierra Leone, is looking for a Senior Mining Engineer. The incumbent will be responsible for administrating and maintaining the entire safety function at the mine, port, haul road and rails. This individual will assist the HSE Manager in developing and implementing all occupational health and safety programs that meet applicable company health and safety standards and other applicable regulations. The role will involve the identification of relevant HSE systems, trainings, and awareness programs for employees, supervisors, and contractors, and acting in an advisory capacity to all levels of management in respect to the company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist in accidents prevention and risks mitigation by implementing initiatives and practices to identify unsafe acts, conditions, hazards, and risks with potential to cause harm to employees.
- Ensure sitewide compliance with all relevant health, safety, and environmental management policies, procedures, and controls to maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Conduct periodic inspections and audits of all contractors and facilities to ensure compliance, implement corrective actions and do follow up on actions close-out.
- Lead incident investigations and reviews, prepare reports summarizing investigation results and recommends required corrective and preventive actions.
- Establish an accurate and effective accident reporting and investigation procedure by following up on all relevant information in a prompt and thorough manner.
- Ensure sitewide contractors’ compliance with the company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Implement an appropriate loss control training programs that includes but not limited to first aid, firefighting, emergency response, dangerous goods handling procedures and other relevant on-the-job HSE trainings and promote applicable awareness programs.
- A key role in major incidents and emergencies management.
- Provide written reports on all safety matters, performances, risk management and related matters in a format consistent with mining industry standards and acceptable to the various inspectors.
- Assist management in developing the project baseline risk assessment and ensure the implementation of the controls.
- Ensure that the safe operating procedures are developed within each department on time.
- Work with other departments on relevant safety matters and bring suggestions of solutions to all highlighted HSE matters.
- Identify, develop, organize, and conduct relevant training courses to all levels within the organization.
- Ensure that subordinate Individual Development Plans’ training objectives and targets are fulfilled.
- Mentor and coach, the HSE staff under your accountability to ensure a liable succession for the business sustainability.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, mining, occupational health and safety and extensive industry experience. NEBOSH qualified is preferrable.
- Females encouraged to apply in line with the company's diversification targets
- Strong working knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 Health and Safety Management System; ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and IFC Performance Standards.
- Strong experience in contractor HSE compliance management
- Permanent Contract
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.