Reference No. Reference Number: 021 2106 OT
Reference Number: 021 2106 OT
Our client, an EPCM, is seeking a Senior Project Manager who is responsible for the management of the overall project delivery and its resources to produce results in alignment with the client's and project's requirements.
- Ensure the quality of output of the allocated project team, and that it is aligned with the needs of the project / study, the company objectives, the requirements of the client and meets regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the management and technical competence of the project team in the delivery of the projects and studies is enhanced and developed to meet the requirements of the Clients and their projects in accordance with the contract.
- Develop and maintain the various project specific procedures, work practices, plans, systems and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work.
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the project control (reposing, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures.
- Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard.
- Ensure all Project activities are conducted in a manner that highly prioritises safety, environment and community and industrial relations.
- Ensure all implementation approaches and project controls are reasonable in their establishment and are met throughout the project.
- Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the project goals.
- Chair and minute weekly client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team.
- Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress report monthly or as required by the contract.
- Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with applicable project / study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards.
- Recruit projects and construction personnel as required in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing / business development activities as required.
- Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested.
- Generate regular reports on maintenance activities, highlighting key performance indicators and recommending improvement measures.
- Approval of projects personnel timesheets.
- Approval of reimbursable project capital equipment or expenses subject to approval by |he client or his approved representative within the guidelines of the contract.
- Allocation of duties for projects personnel assigned to specific projects and studies.
- Make recommendations to the Manager of Projects for the engagement and removal of Projects Group personnel from the project / study.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field (Mechanical, Electrical, or similar).
- At least 15 years’ experience in various aspects of Project Management in the mineral processing and related industries.
- Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base in mineral processing plant/ infrastructure construction.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of project implementation, constructability, OH&S, environmental and community relations issues.
- Ability to achieve consistently high standards within budget and schedule constraints.
- Managerial-leadership ability.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Capacity to delegate appropriately.
- Capacity to clear thinking and planning.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with without supervision with consistently high degree of accuracy and producing a high quality of deliverables.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.