Reference No. 565 0408 MHU
Reference Number: 565 0408 MHU
Our multinational mining client has an opportunity for a Senior Processing Engineer to join their team, reporting into the Project Director. They will be responsible for the effective implementation of new and improved processing processes using lean manufacturing techniques for existing and new product ranges, in-line with the following key objectives – Efficiency, Quality, Waste and Capacity. Provide support and guidance to project teams ensuring that projects are completed to a high standard, budget and in a timely manner. The client has established a PMO and they have 7 projects in Africa.
- Provide strong leadership, direction and mentoring, thereby fostering and sustaining co-operation and team spirit
- Ensure compliance with all company rules and procedures and departmental work instructions, processes, systems, etc.
- Management department KPIs, work standards and expectations, where appropriate, in line with company objectives, monitor and communicate these to the team and Management
- Ensure structured and planned training and development for self and team to maximize skill levels, flexibility, absence cover, etc.
- Drive the implementation of new and improved manufacturing / logistical processes using lean manufacturing techniques
- Work closely with all relevant departments to introduce continuous improvements
- Carry out work studies and balance production processes to improve operational KPIs
- Manage testwork regimes were necessary
- Determine and introduce optimum facility and equipment layouts
- Actively progress projects through the Engineering Change Process
- Resource machinery and provide data to support applications for capital expenditure as part of continuous improvement
- Assist in the planning and development of operational resources
- Analyze and drive forward Problem solving, Quality improvements and Waste reduction through interdepartmental Meetings
- Ensure prompt and regular communications within the Engineering department and between other relevant departments
- Acquire and retain in-depth knowledge of production processes and equipment, workflow, stock management and new and existing product ranges
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Chemical or Metallurgical Engineering Degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within a process Engineering role
- Strong computer and research skills; knowledge of analysis software is preferred
- Good research and data gathering / analysis skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to understand broad business issues
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- 30% – 40% travel to sites (Roughly 3 weeks every 2 months)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.