Reference No. 617 0908 MHU
Reference Number: 617 0908 MHU
Our multinational mining client has an opportunity for an expat Senior Metallurgist for one of their operations in West Africa. This role is designed for the STP/BIOX® Plant and the purpose is to design, develop, set up and manage the metallurgical sampling/accounting system for the STP/BIOX® Plant. In addition, the role holder will be accountable for developing, managing, training and embedding SWI/SOP, process modelling and simulation in troubleshooting, reagents mixing/dosing/monitoring, metallurgical test work procedures/standards and optimization of metallurgical KPIs/works in line with SMGO/best metallurgical practices/standards.
The incumbent will be in charge of the Metallurgical Laboratory activities and also the liaison with external laboratories to conduct specific test works. The role is also accountable for providing leadership and guidance to the metallurgical team to deliver safe, productive, and efficient output. The role holder will be accountable for providing supervision for the metallurgical aspects of the STP/BIOX® Plant, ensuring that the team provides quality control and assurance to the metallurgical process and explore opportunities to continuously improve the performance of the process plant. The Senior Metallurgist will investigate and produce technical report for shortfalls/deviations and special cause variations from set KPIs/set targets.
- Maintain discipline and performance management among the members of the metallurgical team.
- Take appropriate actions in case of irregularities or emergencies in consultation with relevant stakeholders including plant Operators, Supervisors, Managers etc.
- Ensure set production key performance indicators (KPIs) at the various sections are achieved, investigate deviations/shortfalls and report to the Plant Manager
- Control and reduce operational and engineering costs
- Investigate all appropriate equipment related safety and environmental incidents and implement action
- Build constructive relations with maintenance, planning, reliability engineering, metallurgical engineering, projects and dayshift operations personnel
- Design, develop and maintain Metallurgical Accounting system, reconciliation procedures and coordinate gold room activities
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for production (crushing, milling, gravity, flotation, BIOX®, water recovery, tailings & reagents), gold recovery and operating cost
- Set and monitor operating budget and control systems for all reagents/consumables
- Monitor and update process plant water and site wide water balance if required
- Mentor and provide technical inputs into developmental training of junior metallurgists.
- Active involvement in plant decision-making process by way of reviewing and monitoring process KPI
- Act as the internal competent person to recommend standards for the setting-up and auditing of Metal Accounting reporting systems
- Develop, review and maintain metallurgical systems (Wonderware Historian, Mill Control System).
- Manage the Management Operating System (MOS) for the Metallurgy Section on the processing plant.
- Interact closely with Metallurgical Technical Services team to develop consistent, innovative approaches with respect to continuous improvement and certify information flow between Process plant and project services is well maintained
- Develop the training to confirm all continuous improvement projects have considered the impact of change, especially with regards to safety before approval and implementation.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of production data, reagents consumptions and generates gold room production forecasts (daily, weekly, monthly, etc) for use by Process Management
- Tracks all production and metallurgical KPI’s and responds to solve any KPI that is deviating from target within their defined area of responsibility
- Safety management
- Comply with all Company environment and community policies, standards and procedures
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Tertiary Degree or equivalent Chemical/Metallurgical/Mineral Extractive Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in froth flotation & BIOX® in a gold or base metal mining industry with minimum of 3 years as Senior Plant Metallurgist/Plant Metallurgist
- Commissioning experience
- High-level of knowledge of local competencies
- French language skills preferred but candidates with strong experience meeting all other requirements will be considered
- Experience of working effectively in a senior management team environment
- Experience working in multicultural environment, preferably in West Africa
- Demonstrate strong conceptual skills and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
- Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
- Reputation for integrity and ethics.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO expat role with roster of 6 weeks on / 3 weeks off
- Competitive USD net salary package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.