Date Created: 2020-02-12T09:42:27+00:00
Reference Number: 538VG
- Reporting to the Exploration Manager for Southern Africa, will be required to add significant value to our client by discovery of world class resources in multi commodity Greenfields exploration programs.
- The Senior Geologist will lead the exploration of one or more frontier districts and contribute to a high functioning discovery team through;
- Identification of high-quality prospects and targets
- Leadership of a small discovery project team
- The selection, application and management of the appropriate exploration tools and methods
- Recognition and application of innovative tools and practises.
- The incumbent is required to be an experienced discovery geologist and project manager with a strong understanding of the application of Mineral System methodologies to target superior value deposits.
- In collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team, lead the development of a portfolio of prospects and targets to be evaluated and tested.
- Lead the discovery activities of one or more district-scale projects (>2,500km2)
- Ensure the application of appropriate and innovative discovery tools and techniques
- Mentor and train a small team of project and graduate geoscientists
- Lead the discovery activities, including but not limited to;
- Selection and management of drilling contractors,
- Oversight of the remote field camps,
- The logging, sampling and interpretation of all drilling activities
- design and compilation of geochemical studies
- 3D interpretation of all geoscientific data
- Management of the project budget
- Preparing high level reports of work completed
- Implement, endorse and monitor programs in support of the SHEC strategy through participation in and commitment to SHEC procedures and initiatives.
- Undertake initiatives and execute work programs to ensure leading practice is employed and social licenses are maintained.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary degree in Geosciences & a Post-graduate qualification in geoscience, e.g. MSc in Economic Geology
- High level knowledge and understanding of:
- Sediment-hosted and magmatic mineralisation
- Geosciences (geology, geochemistry, geophysics, structural).
- Exploration tools, techniques and methods (computer modelling, spatial analysis of geological data sets)
- Mineral systems and mineral deposits.
- Basin analysis
- GIS & 3D/4D modelling software (ArcGIS, GeoSoft, Leapfrog)
- Integration of data sets
- A minimum of ten years exploration experience
- A minimum of five years working in Africa
- A minimum of three years in a field leadership role
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and English
- Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and the important role of consistently demonstrating required behaviours and championing safety values
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 4 Weeks / 2 Week Roster
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.