Reference No. 353 06 RR
Reference Number: 353 06 RR
Our client is seeking a Projects Engineer – Hydraulics who will be responsible for design authority for the engineering discipline with low to medium complexity, completing assignments on small projects or portions of larger projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Evaluating, selecting and applying standard techniques and procedures to perform engineering assignments, providing technical support for testing, installation and commissioning activities and preparing project documentation within one’s scope of deliverables.
- Assisting in preparing proposal/presentation of engineering projects/programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.), assigning tasks and coordinating work with entry level engineers, technicians, administrative staff.
- Supporting contract managers in issuing claims (new/change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.), providing quality solutions as per customer requirements and delivering within budget and contract and ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Creating work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost, improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensuring implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility, reporting any contract / quality / program / cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Assisting customers on technical issues, interacts with official contacts, contractors and other staff within his/her scope of deliverables, assisting communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Collaborating with the supply chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with potential suppliers, providing technical evaluation of supplier proposals and accepting fit for purpose supplied equipment or services.
- Using standard processes and tools applicable to one’s area of responsibility, ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements, reporting processes and tools inefficiencies and suggests improvements ideas.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mechanical engineering degree
- ECSA Professional registration a benefit
- Medium pressure hydraulics experience a requirement
- Winder brake hydraulics design experience a benefit
- SolidWorks experience a benefit
- Fluency in English language is mandatory
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
- Permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to join global technology company
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.