Reference No. 2011 33 SS
Reference Number: 2011 33 SS
Our client, a South African based IPP in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a Project Financial Controller who will be responsible for assisting the Asset Management Team in managing the portfolio of projects from financial close during construction and operation phases.
- Implementation of procedures to ensure good corporate governance principles.
- Monthly EXCO report co-ordination.
- Quarterly Board report co-ordination.
- Plan, execute and monitor the obligations of Project Company’s shareholders (equity and shareholders’ loans).
- Plan, execute and monitor the drawdown of debt from the Lenders (prepare utilisation requests).
- Plan, execute and monitor the payment of dividends to shareholders.
- Plan, execute and monitor the payment of interest, repayment of debt to the Lenders, dividend payments and any redemptions of the preference shares.
- Review compliance with the minimum ratios required by the Finance Documents.
- Plan and monitor statutory reporting compliance.
- Cost management and control / budget preparation.
- Quarterly foreign currency revaluations.
- Review all capturing done by the accountant.
- Tax compliance, assist tax advisor in compiling and reviewing monthly compliance returns.
- Reporting monthly management accounts and quarterly reporting.
- Management of Quarterly operational reports.
- Compliance of general project documents, PPA, DCUoSA and IA, regulatory.
- Funder, shareholder and board reporting obligations.
- Management of EPC, O&M contracts, interfaces, project, insurance policies and utility contracts.
- Review annual and provisional income tax returns and VAT.
- Annual audit coordination.
- Coordinate and review the preparation of Annual Financial Statements for the Project Companies.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 1 – 2 years renewable energy experience (within audit or in commerce)
- Strong analytical skills for problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Deadline driven and good time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team.
- Strong working knowledge with an ERP system (Sage X3 advantageous)
- Advanced Excel knowledge
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual package
- Permanent employment opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.