Reference No. 039 0911 OT
Reference Number: 038 0509 OT
Our client, a mining group, is seeking a Project Finance Controller, to manage finance/cost controlling functions related to the mine’s ongoing operations and expansion projects. They will be responsible to analyze and maintain cost control systems and processes to ensure assigned projects remain on budget. They will support the FP&A manager in multiple administrative capacities but will primarily be responsible for recording, invoicing, identifying deviations from approved budgets and notifying and working with project team to develop and publish budget and finance documents.
• Maintain cost control systems updated with the project finance data.
• Ensure all transactions are processed timely and accurately, including payment requests, purchase orders, and invoice entries.
• Assist FP&A manger in budget planning, cost analysis and forecast reporting.
• Responsible for the accuracy of all projects related financials including budget vs actuals, monthly expenditures, projected cash payments.
• Assisting with budget allocation and reporting/cost control for the assigned portions of the project/programs
• Coordinate with procurement personnel and Project Managers to ensure purchase orders and payment requests are processed on-time.
• Interface with contractors and vendors for requesting information or clarification related to invoices and change order.
• Provide accurate and timely financial analysis, communication, ongoing monitoring and evaluation for programs and teams to aid in decision-making for improved financial performance.
• Responsible for controlling and monitoring project total expenditure, including verifying and checking of invoices from suppliers to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
• Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Must have at least 3 years’ experience in similar role
• Must be very proficient in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc)
• Hands-on experience and general knowledge of cost management, including budgeting, management accounting, forecasting, and reporting.
• Ability to work with large amounts of data and translate key takeaways to leadership and partners.
• Ability to understand agreements, and purchase orders milestone payments.
• Well-informed in financial subjects, such as: corporate finance and accounting, and the broader macro/business environment
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
• FIFO rotation 9/3
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at email@example.com
Please visit www.camining.com or www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.