Reference No. 234 08 23 MW
Reference Number: 234 08 23 MW
Our client an international Independent Power Producer (IPP) is seeking a Project Controller who will oversee and manage the financial and administrative aspects of renewable energy projects, from development to construction and operations.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project budgets, financial forecasts, and cost control measures.
- Support financial analysis during project development and financing, using the company’s Financial Model.
- Track project changes (cost, revenue, time, financing) against the mandated company Financial Model, and conduct variance analysis to identify discrepancies and recommend corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate cash flow forecasts, budgets and reports of company-wide operations.
- Manage and review cost estimates for project development, construction, and operation phases.
- Collaborate with procurement teams to ensure cost-effective sourcing of materials and services.
- Monitor and control change orders and contract variations to minimize cost overruns.
- Submit financial information to project financiers to raise project finance and report progress.
- Monitor compliance with project finance agreements, report against financing covenants and recommend corrective actions.
- Support engagement with banks, investment funds, subsidy providers etc (locally and internationally) to enable an optimised financing structure for projects.
- Support project managers to develop detailed project schedules and timelines.
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor compliance with agreements with partners and suppliers.
- Track revenues during construction (if any) and prepare revenue controlling processes for the operational phase.
- Identify and assess project-related risks and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Monitor risks throughout the project lifecycle and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Maintain accurate and organized project documentation, contracts, and financial records.
- Support audits and reviews as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 – 10 years of work experience in the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field.
- Accredited professional accounting designation.
- Experience in using accounting software, project management tools and MS-Excel.
- Proven experience as a Project Controller or similar role in the energy, mining, infrastructure or construction lines of business.
- Solid understanding of financial principles, budgeting, and cost management.
- Familiarity with renewable energy projects, technologies, and project financing.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.