Reference No. 401-0107LH
Reference Number: 401-0107LH
Our client is seeking an experienced Processing Plant Superintendent with tin and zinc processing experience and a technical background in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation to join their team in West Africa.
- Overseeing all activities within the plant for both operations and maintenance, including ROM bin, crushing, milling, gravity plant, tails, and product handing.
- Managing mineral processing across all stages, from ROM blending to concentrate shipping.
- Continuous improvement initiatives for metallurgical and technical processes.
- Input into lab quality control, testing and reporting.
- Ensuring sufficient water planning for all seasons through efficient monitoring of tailings and dams.
- Ensuring KPI’s are achieved with a particular focus on plant availability, throughput and recovery.
- Coordinating plant maintenance, ensuring minimal downtime.
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
- Budgeting and cost control.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
- Management of contractors and ensuring work is carried out to agreed service levels and quality standards.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation or Civil) or Mineral Processing / Metallurgy.
- 10 years’ experience in processing plant operations in both metallurgical and engineering, with 5 years at Superintendent or a similar senior level.
- 3 years previous experience in tin and zinc processing.
- Experience in jaw crushers, cone crushers, screens, ore sorters, rod mills, ball mills, jigs, spirals, shaker tables, thickener, MGS and filter press.
- Budgeting and cost control experience.
- Previous contractor management experience.
- Computer literate in a range of ERP’s.
- Previous experience working with and training multicultural teams as an expatriate.
- Previous expatriate experience in West Africa.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Fixed term renewable contract.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.