Reference No. 105 08 22 VG
Reference Number: 105 08 22 VG
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a Plant Manager to implement and supervise the manufacturing processes at the plant. The Plant Manager will be responsible for ensuring that deadlines are met while following health and safety protocols. The ideal incumbent will be an excellent multitasker, have good communication skills and be able to fosters positive relationships with clients and employees.
- Development and implementation of all processes and systems to successfully commission and operate the plant
- Enforce health and safety protocols during all stages of production.
- Ensure that the operation is compliant with the ESIA/EMP
- Create and maintain a production schedule.
- Implement strategies to reduce production costs.
- Ensure the Plant is maintained in an efficient and effective manner to
- Analyse workplace productivity.
- Optimisation of current Operational Procedures
- Optimisation of Plant Parameters
- Investigation and implement Process and Equipment improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Optimisation of Quality of final product
- Apply technical knowledge to achieve business objectives with little, if any, technical guidance.
- Support business and manufacturing initiatives as agreed in a timely manner.
- Support the business by providing technical direction to engineers within the company.
- Utilises the Management of Change and Process Hazard Procedures to ensure the safe implementation of plant/process changes.
- Maintain and foster collaborative effort with other functional group teams locally and overseas to identify, establish, and share best practices.
- Contribute to adherence to safe working practices, high quality workmanship, and a proactive approach to teamwork, continuous improvement, and cost reduction.
- Work with external vendors, contractors, suppliers, and technical personnel
- Ensure the on-site laboratory is compliant with industry best practice.
- Monitor and report against accountable activities in the company’s reports
- Provide input on relevant areas to standard report e.g. weekly, monthly annual reports etc.
- Reporting actual costs against budget/forecast
- Develop and maintain suitable document management systems
- Collaborate with Mine Manager/ Mine Technical Team to complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation (model to mill).
- Contribute to financial and commercial performance through sound and effective input.
- Develop operational budgets and manage expenditure within the approved budget.
- Ensure efficient use of resources and completion of activities within budget estimates on contracts.
- Ensure accurate and timely cost reporting.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a similar production role
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering or similar
- Previous managerial experience.
- Excellent communications skills in English and Portuguese languages
- Strong technical skills /science/ mathematical skills required
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.