Reference No. 309-2106LH
Reference Number: 309-2106LH
Our client is seeking a Process Plant Maintenance Superintendent with experience in zinc and tin mining operations to join their team on site in West Africa.
- Overseeing production activities and providing technical support and advice.
- Short, medium and long term planning and implementation to ensure operational objectives are met.
- Utilizing mine design software to participate in the development and implementation of mine plans.
- Continuous improvement initiatives for improvement of mine plans, production activities, productivity, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Ensuring continuous production through effective collaboration with operational, technical services and maintenance teams.
- Monitor, respond to and report on variances in production and the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Ensuring health, safety and quality standards are maintained.
- Budgeting input and cost control.
- Mentoring and training subordinates.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mining Engineering Degree or similar qualification.
- 10 years previous experience open pit mining operations with at least 5 years at Superintendent level or higher.
- 3 years previous experience in lead, zinc and / or silver open pit mining operations.
- Experienced in blast design, planning and implementation.
- Computer literate in MS Office and mine design software.
- Experience in project managing infrastructure construction to support open pit mining (waste dumps, stock piles etc.).
- Strong focus on health and safety standards and compliance.
- Experience providing mentoring and training.
- Previous expatriate experience in West Africa preferred.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- FIFO roster.
- Fixed term renewable contract.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.