Reference No. CV
Our client an iron ore producer located in Sierra Leone, is looking for a Mine Manager. This role is responsible for providing to the organization a strategic Mining overview of the operation and associated areas as a business unit. Part of this role involves managing the Mining Planning & associated system drivers, providing operational decision support from a mining perspective through strategic planning, business insight and predicting future creation outcomes. The incumbent will report directly to the Managing Director.
- Development and implementation of departmental pre- production system drivers & core activities.
- Establishment of departmental operational readiness systems.
- Review the existing surface stockpiles with regards to volume, density, and grades.
- Review the geology data and information in the pits to ensure the block model data is correct and confirm pit sequence mining priorities.
- Review geotechnical work and arrange test work to confirm the slope angles for the pits and determine the distinction between free dig and drill and blast material.
- Develop geotechnical, hydrology and grade control protocols.
- Prepare startup mining execution plan. Includes development of mining model and digging plan through mine planning software.
- Manage Short Term mine planning, scheduling, and reporting functions. Co-ordinate and incorporate inputs from various sections into an integrated, optimized and practical production schedule and cost-effective designs. Formulate safe, practical and achievable short and medium term mine plans and schedules.
- Manage all Long Term mine planning functions and ensure an integrated life of mine plan and budget that is as per corporate/company guidelines and strategy.
- Coordinate and manage Mining Contractor, Mining & Drill & Blast disciplines to meet production, HSE, Costs, budgeting, inventory control and performance KPI objectives.
- Business Performance Reporting & Analysis: Ensure the relevant Business performance KPIs are in place, are aligned to the overall business strategy and are being correctly measured. Analyze cost variance report and note any adverse and favorable variances. Continuously search for improvements to reduce working costs while improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and co-ordinate direction of primary mining and ancillary fleet on haul roads, waste dumps, ROM pad and stockpiles, including earthworks associated with rehabilitation.
- Lead asset optimization program of responsible areas. Knowledge in RCA, FIP, Kaizen, 3W, SOP compliance, Contractor performance management, processors and enablers.
- Active input into the Company’s Safety Management Systems. Report all accidents, incidents and identified hazards. Operate to a minimum NOSA/DuPont/ISO safety standard with extensive knowledge of HSE operating procedures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited Mining Engineering Program (Minimum)
- Females encouraged to apply in line with the company's diversification targets
- Experience in large scale Iron Ore Mining Operations (10 + years)
- Skills in Contractor Management, Drill and Blast, Geotechnical and hydrological aspects o Open Pit mining Operations
- Proficiency in Industry Standard Software for Mine Planning, Scheduling and Pit Optimization
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.