Reference No. 13 04 22 VG
Reference Number: 13 04 22 VG
Our client is an international mining service provider, seeking a Mine Superintendent who will provide leadership and support at one of the companies mines in Angola, through the management of mining and projects to achieve the objectives defined within the budget and business plan. The main responsibility in this role is to ensure that the mines activities are safe, including operating within the company’s licensed obligations, and within company procedures and community expectations.
- Ensure that safety, labour, health, environmental, legal and company standards, procedure and regulations are complied with.
- Implement the companies mine production plan.
- Daily monitoring and reporting on the progress of mining operations
- Monitor and track mining activities to ensure delivery to ROM tonnes and grades, waste stripping, and stockpiles are as in accordance with the short term, medium term and long-term plan and budget.
- Take responsibility for the mining contractor ensuring that the Mining Contractor is meeting all their contractual obligations
- Overseeing the day-to-day supervision of the contractor to ensure that mining meets budgeted volumes and cost targets
- End of month reconciliation
- Weekly/ monthly/ quarterly and annual mine production reporting.
- Assessment of end of month contractor claims
- Conduct pit inspections, field interactions and complete incident investigations
- Ensure all activities in and around the mine comply with mine policies and procedures.
- Ensure all serious and significant incidents are investigated, and remedial actions are taken and completed
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor is compliant with the companies Mine ESIA/EMP
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor has Safe Working Procedures in place for all activities
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor has implemented appropriate occupational health and safety guidelines for all employees, consultants and contractors and all necessary safety equipment is in place and in working order.
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor has implemented OH&S training for all employees, consultants and contractors.
- Ensure that all pit dewatering, surface water management, and water discharge is in compliance with the companies Mine ESIA.
- Ensure the Mining Contractor adequately maintains all mining and ancillary equipment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) or similar from a recognised university.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar position
- Portuguese and English speaking/writing
- Familiar with Mine Production Scheduling software
- Ability to generate high-quality reports in both English and Portuguese (including technical reports and Government reports)
- Be familiar with reporting codes such as JORC or NI 43-101
- Willingness to work in remote areas
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Vivienne Gower at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.