Reference No. 1 06 23 VG
Reference Number: 1 06 23 VG
Our client is seeking a Maintenance General Manager who will be accountable for the delivery of the annual maintenance and engineering targets with zero harm to employees and contractors, including technical advice to the VP Operations and Site Leadership Team on means to optimize equipment availability and reliability.
- Lead the development and ongoing management of a reliable 5-year maintenance and engineering plan.
- Create and implement rolling 3 to 12 month plans that optimize availability and reliability of mining, processing equipment and surface infrastructure.
- Monitor performance against plan and lead the maintenance and engineering team to identify risks to delivering the plan.
- Identify areas for improvement and create action plans to ensure excellence in maintenance and engineering practices is achieved.
- Improve the Maintenance Department's Management Operating System (MOS) to ensure that clearly defined processes are functional and maintained to manage business requirements, risks and opportunities plus aligned with the site plan Do Check Act cycle.
- Developing and maintaining contacts and networks internally and externally to assist the Maintenance group in carrying out its business effectively.
- Embed a culture of continuous improvement and effectively manage change within Department.
- Integrating health, safety and environment guiding principles into your daily operational activities to empower employees to make safety improvements in the workplace.
- Continue to drive a culture based on valuing safety and respecting the operator.
- Fostering teamwork and collaboration by recognising and effectively utilising skills of peers.
- Strong understanding with asset management fundamentals.
- Driving operational discipline in work management.
- Analysing statistics and quantitative information to inform maintenance tactics.
- Using past experience of budgeting, cost management and investigation methodologies.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Part of building a high performing team across operations.
- Deploying business improvement methodologies to improve equipment availability.
- Ensure compliance with all systems and provide governance to ensure the system is optimised and the standards are consistent throughout the Operations.
- Establish key performance indicators for continual improvement process within the operations, processing, and engineering maintenance streams.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 20 years proven experience in maintenance and engineering ideally gained across a variety of organizations, with a minimum of 10years' experience at management level .
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Mining) or equivalent required.
- Expertise with provincial legislation, a working knowledge of industry best practices and proven experience with implementing maintenance systems and practices.
- Proficient computer literacy, oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.