Reference No. 233 01 24 MW
Reference Number: 233 01 24 MW
Our client, a renewable energy IPP, is seeking a Legal Counsel who will provide legal advice and assistance to the companies wind and solar business and in particular to the multidisciplinary teams in charge of the development, investment, the construction and the operation of renewable energy projects (mainly IPP).
- Identify and address risks and legal requirements, providing advice and proposing solutions.
- Draft and negotiate various contracts for renewable projects, participate in negotiations, covering a wide range of agreements.
- Prepare legal documentation for tender responses and manage legal aspects post-award, including joint ventures and agreements.
- Support business development, project development, construction, and asset management teams.
- Analyze and interpret new country regulations.
- Coordinate and oversee external law firms in line with company group policies.
- Assist in incorporating and establishing project companies and affiliates in the country.
- Monitor claims and litigation associated with the project portfolio, collaborating with relevant departments.
- Contribute to legal reporting for the company, preparing documents for internal committees.
- Develop training and guidelines for operational teams with law firms and headquarters support.
- Assist in implementing and evolving the companies International contractual policy and standardizing documents.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Group corporate policies in the designated area of responsibility.
- Establish a culture of compliance and integrity within the organization.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 5 to 6 years’ experience in private practice and inhouse with strong knowledge of the South African IPP Power and Renewable projects. Inhouse experience is a must.
- Postgraduate degree in business law with ideally a double qualification (Civil and Common Law).
- Experience in transversal project management desirable as well as in working within a multinational company.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.