Reference No. 3010 31 SS
Reference Number: 3010 31 SS
Our client, one of Africa’s leading renewable energy companies, is seeking a HSE Manager who will carry out the implementation of the Company’s Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS), ensuring that environmental and social risks and impacts are properly and systematically avoided, assessed, managed and monitored and that improvement is continuously driven and built into company performance.
- Supports evaluation of new business and project opportunities from an Environmental and Social (E&S) risk perspective and identifies any potential fatal flaws within the potential project.
- Prepares and manages the submission of the bid book E&S section.
- Provides HSE input for pre-investment due diligence assessments.
- Provides E&S input into budget preparation process for selected projects and/or budget revisions to ensure compliance to legal requirements and best practice.
- Where relevant, supports review of EIA/ESIA and permits to ensure compliance with IFC Performance Standards and applicable legislation.
- Manages ESIA process from site selection and co-ordinates company involvement in stakeholder engagement process.
- Supports the planning process for execution of selected and approved projects.
- Assists with provision of E&S input into EPC/ O&M Contractor’s contract to ensure that requirements are clearly stipulated.
- Manages the contractors’ selection, appointment and management of HSE Consultants, which includes the drafting of the request for proposal, scope of work.
- Supports project delivery by providing HSE inputs as needed.
- Co-ordinates HSE related meetings with EPC to discuss project progress.
- Provides HSE input to Contractual Notices where required.
- Manages and maintains iAuditor software usage.
- Conducts internal compliance audits and accident, non-compliance and grievance investigations, identifies trends, shares lessons learnt and advises precautionary measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Provides guidance and direction to onsite management team and HSE personnel to ensure HSE compliance and best practice measures are implemented.
- Where relevant, appoints and manages the Environmental Compliance Officer (ECO) & Safety Agent during project construction and operations phases.
- Collates, analyzes and summarizes HSE information and trends for relevant projects for input into reporting.
- Writes monthly progress reports to lenders and Board.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 8-10 years working in the Health, Safety, and Environmental sector with a minimum of 3 years in the renewable energy sector where such experience has been obtained during the construction and operations phase.
- Min of 2 years’ experience in Managerial role of which managing a team and Contracts for HS Department form’s part.
- B.Tech or equivalent tertiary qualification in Health and Safety (NEBOSH Certification).
- IMS Facilitation / Auditors qualification (ISO 9001,ISO 45001 & ISO 14001).
- Registered as Construction Health and Safety Manager with SACPCMP.
- Extensive knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, legislative requirements, and the EIA process.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at email@example.com
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.