Reference No. LB43
Reference Number: LB43
Our client is seeking a HOD Mining / Mine Manager to join their coal operation in Witbank. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing and managing a best practice mining division across the entire business. This role will also manage the tactical and operational support for assigned functions across the plant. This position will report directly to the General Manager.
- Lead the implementation of engineering strategy, plans and groups standards against target and timelines.
- Prioritise project and departmental scheduling and delivery to tactical and strategic business objectives (mining, engineering, property management, water services, facility management etc, i.e.,)
- Provide technical advice, support and oversight for engineering excellence across departments.
- Lead asset management, maintenance and availability.
- Design, establish and embed efficient Engineering and Maintenance structures, plans and governance structures.
- Monitor costs or expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines to enhance work delivery, collaboration and innovation.
- Manage a division that builds people and creates an inclusive work environment.
- Adhere to and improve reporting processes for the area of responsibility.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Diploma or Degree in Mining related field.
- 10+ years of mining experience with at least 5 years on a supervisor position
- Blasting ticket certificate
- Knowledge of Mining legislation, labour relations, on-surface mining and business knowledge.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.