Reference No. 56 07 12 VG – RR
HOD: Mining Manager (Mining / Blast & Drill / LOM / Open-Pit) – DRC, Central Africa
Reference Number: 229 07 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking a HOD: Mining Manager who will be responsible for managing the activities of the mining and the ancillary support services for the mining operation reporting to the General Manager – Operations. The role would include mining, mine planning, ore supply grade control drilling, drilling and blasting, loading and hauling, run-of-mine stockpile management, pit dewatering and infrastructure as well as maintaining all internal roads. The ideal incumbent will be an experienced Mining Manager with a proven track record in delivering business critical projects.
- Management of mining operations: fragmentation (drilling and blasting), excavation, loading, transport and immersion to achieve production target
- Manage and monitor mining contractors key performance indicators.
- Management of the daily production schedule in accordance with quality standards without cost overruns and coordinate production planning activities according to the needs of the plant, within the limits of available resources
- Monitors the daily production statistics from the plants and any associated hold-ups or extraordinary events and ensures that corrective actions are taken as required
- Monitors and ensure the planned the run-of-mine ore blend is maintained to achieve the target grades of copper and cobalt.
- Delivery of plant feeding to achieve feed and production goals; and plant production control.
- Responsible for the operational LOM plan inclusive of an extraction or excavation plan based on geological data.
- Mining survey: control of end-of-month and mid-month survey calculations to produce a contractor invoice in the terms of the mining contract
- Ensure compliance of internal and statutory SHREQ standards in operations by supporting the SHREQ General Manager with the ISO implementation and ensure compliance as well as maintaining necessary monitoring protocols for incident prevention and environment sustainability for the operations
- Maintain and encourage a safe work environment at all times
- Responsible for the mining operation in the open pit ensure geotechnical parameters are maintained (slope of the ramp, height and width of the benches and push backs, etc)
- Ensure the stripping ratio according to plan (ensure proper overburden removal)
- Management and planning of blasting and explosives (to ensure that explosives are not missing and that all blasting is done under safe conditions in accordance with the plan)
- Ensure the optimal consumption of explosives by achieving an optimal pattern according to the formation and hardness of the rock
- Accountable for mining services including haul road maintenance, internal roads and earth moving requirements of the operation
- Control the planning the deployment and use of equipment and maintaining acceptable level of availability
- Monitor costs and stores consumption in comparison to the mining extraction data.
- Prepare short-term and life of mine production plan on an annual basis
- Control of mining operations and optimization of hauling distances,
- Ensure drilling and blasting efficiencies,
- Management of contracted mining services and/or contractors where applicable
- Management of the mining departments sections to achieve the production objectives, optimal use of HEMM and establishment of the production and exploitation objectives for the mine engineer
- Promote and sustain a culture of ethics throughout the organization
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in managing a similar structured Mining department
- Must have a formal tertiary qualification in Mining, or related discipline (E.g: BEng-Mining, BTech-Mining)
- Knowledge of open cast base metal ore mines with a preference for relevant experience in mining and mineral processing operations
Benefits and Contractual information:
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.