Reference No. 3010 32 SS
Reference Number: 3010 32 SS
Our client, one of Africa’s leading renewable energy companies is seeking a Health and Safety Supervisor who will be responsible for providing oversight of health and safety aspects of both of company wind energy facilities’ operation and maintenance (O&M) activities.
- Drive behavioral change through advising and implementing continuous improvement programs and practices to encourage an exemplary H&S culture.
- Actively engage the entire employees and other stakeholders in order to build a strong H&S culture.
- Create and maintain positive and proactive relations with O&M Contractor, landowners, supervisors and employees.
- Develop educational training material, toolbox talks, etc. to build a continuous positive H&S culture.
- Ensure compliance to relevant H&S legislation is monitored through formal and informal H&S inspections and audits of the facilities and systematically capture and timeously close out of any findings.
- Establish facilities H&S objectives, KPIs and targets.
- Ensure that deviations to safe work practices are captured and facilitate implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
- Provide guidance and direction (e.g. incorporating safety considerations into technical solutions) to the O&M Contractor.
- Collect and collate all H&S statistics as required for the incorporation into company internal performance reporting.
- Verify trend analyses on Health and Safety statistics and propose measures to manage high risk activities.
- Contribute to HSE reports and presentations to HS Manager.
- Ensures that there is open communication regarding H&S performance and monitoring at the facilities.
- Raise suggestions for improvement of workplace H&S.
- Ensure the effective implementation of iAuditor software on both Facilities.
- Ensure all correct information is made available for EXCO Reporting, Quaterly Reporting, bi Annual Reporting as well as Annual Reporting.
- Conduct inspections, internal audits and facilitate third party audits by providing on facilities information as required, to meet audit objectives.
- Accompany Authorities (e.g. Department of Labor) and provides necessary information as required to ensure compliance to relevant H&S legislation and permits.
- Actively participate in the Management/ leadership visits and encourage management to fully engage employees regarding their H&S expectations and requirements.
- Ensure that all required permits are in place and up to date to meet legislative obligations.
- Maintain valid HSE appointments on facilities in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Allocate personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintenance of distribution records to ensure that employees have the necessary PPE to conduct their tasks.
- Work with the O&M Contractor’s H&S Officer to ensure that the facilities H&S plans and files is kept up to date.
- Ensure the O&M Contractor abides by employment law regarding working conditions and health and safety, including ensuring that employees stay within the legal amount of overtime.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 5 years of operation and maintenance experience in a similar role.
- National Diploma in Health and Safety / NEBOSH.
- SAMTRAC Certification.
- Registered as a Safety Officer with South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP).
- HIRA certification (Hazardous Identification Risk Assessment).
- Renewable energy experience is beneficial.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions