Reference No. 358 08 RR
Reference Number: 358 08 RR
Our client, a mining service provider is seeking a Mine Oversee who will take the lead in all aspects of the new business unit, which includes establishing the team and developing it up to a level where the project can continuously operate on a high-performance level. Furthermore, the incumbent will manage all aspects of the operations, including human resources, the client, equipment, stock and the Executive Committee.
- Ensure the monthly production planning for the relevant division is executed in line with the requirements of the approved annual business plan.
- Review and set production objectives in line with the implementation and adherence to the relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with all key client contacts and representatives.
- Oversee, enforce and review the inspection of workplaces, materials, products and equipment to detect defects, non-compliance or malfunctions and implement corrective measures to mitigate risks and achieve planned targets.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of production within the agreed safety performance guidelines, timelines, budget and quality.
- Control and co-ordinate all activities to achieve optimum production throughput and process efficiency.
- Develop an operating ecosystem in line with the mine’s Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Compile Codes of Practice, standards and procedures, as well as ensure that systems are in place to monitor and ensure consistent compliance.
- Compile the annual budget for this department and seek the required approval from the Board of Directors.
- Provide mining expertise and skills to the operation.
- Establish and maintain sufficient capacity of the functional talent pool.
- Co-ordinate, direct and lead the team in their area of responsibility.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders on operations-related matters.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective and sound communication system within the operation.
- Ensure that all reporting is aligned with the mine and company standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Review and analyse progressive production performance statistics and investigate action plans to mitigate deviations.
- Drive the continuous improvement culture in the division.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a shift boss in an underground environment.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing a project carrying a 2.6.1 legal appointment.
- A tertiary degree in mining or engineering.
- At least a Mine Overseers Certificate of Competence, but preferably a Mine Managers Certificate of Competence.
- Blasting Certificate or National Certificate: Rock Breaking, Underground Hard Rock.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Opportunity
- Competitive Annual Package
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Market Intelligence
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.