Reference No. 631 0401 MHU
Reference Number: 631 0401 MHU
Our client is a global engineering company who have a vacancy for a Head of Financial & Business Control (CFO). The purpose of this role is: To lead the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial & sourcing objectives for the Sales Area; To safeguard the credibility of finance group through the production of accurate and concise financial data; To support executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities, including recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities; Oversee compliance with International accounting standards, local regulations & legislation, King Code on Corporate Governance, Company Global and Local processes and regulations in the Sourcing and finance area.
- Oversees all financial activities, including accounting, financial analysis (business control), audit, tax, credit, reporting and collections.
- Develop, lead, and implement approved finance and business control strategy.
- Lead the implementation, maintenance, and assessment of internal controls.
- Oversee the maintenance and governance of key financial policies and processes.
- Manage the preparation of annual financial statements for all respective entities in accordance with the applicable financial framework and audit requirements.
- Manage requisite transfer pricing governance in accordance with income tax and Reserve Bank requirements.
- Actively participate in BBBEE initiatives towards business strategy
- Provide direction on the planning, execution and integration of M&A projects relating to finance and statutory structures.
- Lead and facilitate enterprise risk management and compliance protocols.
- Govern all treasury activities inclusive of controls, risk management, compliance, and operational support to business.
- Support and manage current ERP systems, upgrades, and changes in ERP structures inclusive of new system implementations, as well as expanded changes on current systems according to the Business Area.
- Oversee all customer credit control processes (credit approvals, exceptions negotiations, payment plans), and credit risk management.
- Provide advice to line management on profitability and viability of customer contracts based on performance.
- Oversee reporting, planning and analysis for P&L, Balance Sheet, FTE’s for approximately 8-10 active divisions within the sales area.
- Review monthly and quarterly management accounts for presentation, compilation, analysis and strategic outcomes on financial performance.
- Oversee the cost drivers of the business, analyze, and provide direction on costs to be flexed to support strategy on cost control in relation to peaks and troughs of revenue generation.
- Oversee the financial performance against forecast/Budgets highlighting deviations, risks and mitigating actions.
- Provide expertise and advice to management on the development of financial plans, risk identification and relevant actions/implementation on financial planning.
- Oversee sourcing strategy governance and compliance.
- Oversee supplier relationships and performance against Service level agreement.
- Oversee, manage, and provide expertise on business operations within hyperinflationary environments.
- Manage and coordinate external shareholders relationships.
- Oversee preparation of all financial reports for local board meetings, as well as presenting financial performance and control matters quarterly to all applicable board committees.
- Present and participate as a board member in 7-9 boards of the respective legal entities.
- Report quarterly to the local audit committee.
- Create learning opportunities for subordinates through the identification of areas for development, coaching and recommending formal functional training when required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant tertiary degree
- Qualified Chartered Accountant – Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA)
- Greater than 10 years post articles experience
- 7 to10 years in Management/Leadership role, with Board experience
- 7-10 years sourcing Management /oversight
- Multicurrency and Hyperinflationary experience
- Mergers and Acquisitions exposure
- Systems, projects, and integrations expertise
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
- Competitive Executive package on offer
- National, regional and international travel required
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.