Reference No. LB19
Our client an iron ore producer located in Sierra Leone, is looking for a GIS Specialist. The incumbent will direct, interpret and prepare information for a wide variety of GIS datasets that can be geo-processed, analyzed, and mapped. This person will also be responsible of maintaining complex geographic datasets and perform updates and edits and create and configure new datasets to be consumed in Spatial Database Engine environment. The incumbent will report directly to the Senior Supervisor.
- Prepare complex maps and perform analysis and data processing with import/ export routines.
- Review, evaluate, and verify mapping data provided by outside agencies or private sector contractors for accuracy and consistency.
- Modify and correct database values as needed. Independently evaluate and develop scripts that automate data capture, conversion, and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with training opportunities to support application users.
- Ensure HSE requirements are communicated prior to work commencement, creating a mindset environment and culture of Zero Harm through health and safety communications and leadership.
- To perform all work and associated functions safely including correctly using all personal protective clothing and equipment, obeying all lawful written and verbal safety and health instructions and being familiar with the location of first aid, fire protection and evacuation facilities and procedures.
- Supporting in the development and management of GIS applications that are based on growing and improving business demands.
- Overseeing the planning and coordination of GIS activities to meet the mining goals.
- Provide schematic maps for mine planning, projects, and exploration activities.
- Developing and managing control quality standards for system application
- Performing data capture and analysis for GIS product
- Liaised with Imagery providers to provide Area imagery for mining areas.
- Overseeing data flow, management, and distribution activities that are aimed at supporting GIS.
- Bachelor's degree with Geodetic Engineering, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Geography, GIS, or related field.
- Knowledge of advanced GIS concepts, geoprocessing functions and techniques, and spatial database management procedures.
- Strong knowledge of GIS process integration with other business systems including server processes utilizing database and/or cloud server-based processes
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of GIS programming and scripting languages including Python, SQL, JSON, HTML, CSS.
- Must be medically and mentally fit and be able to meet and maintain Company Medical Standards.
- Permanent Contract
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Lucia Baeza at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.