Reference No. 241 08 RR
Our client, an international mining house, is seeking an FA Superintendent who will provide a full Cost & Finance Accounting function in accordance with accepted Financial & Accounting policies and procedures. The ideal incumbent will have experience in financial accounting in the mining industry.
- Internal and External auditing.
- Reduce number of audit findings.
- Identify and manage risks on an Enterprise-Wide scale.
- Identify and manage risks.
- Write and revise SOP’s.
- Identify CI opportunities of systems.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence.
- Cost control for the Department.
- Perform and manage month and year end processes
- Prepare annual budget as well as monthly/quarterly forecast
- Prepare monthly cost & management reports, monthly BU report and prepare annual budget BU report
- Co-ordinate meetings to verify reports.
- Manage the Financial Management Process (CAPEX, Joint Ventures, Accounts Payable, Payroll)
- Perform month end processes and monthly management accounts (BPC) as well as monthly JV reports
- Prepare year-end Tax & Audit packs
- Report Financial Information
- Cash forecast management.
- Oversee the Financial Management Process (Joint Ventures, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Customers)
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements according to IFRS.
- Oversee capital & Fixed Assets reporting.
- Reconcile Final Product figures.
- Administer and provide support for the SAP (FI) Module
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Section through effective use of the Toolbox
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 6 years + accounting experience
- Accounting Degree or Diploma
- Valid Certificate of Fitness and First aid
- Valid driver’s license
- South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.