Reference No. 058 0901 OT
Reference Number: 058 0901 OT
Our client, an OEM, is seeking a Customer Support Engineer (CSE), who will be responsible for all specified engineering and technical support activities in the Company’s range of products.
- Provide local engineering support on specific project assignments arising from customer inquiries, field feedback on technical issues, sales initiatives and engineering projects including new South African R&D.
- Work in accordance with the directions and information provided by the management team.
- Maintain close relationship with the Customer Support Engineering team, leading to eventual shared engineering duties.
- Take due care that all the work complies with all relevant laws and statutory requirements in South Africa.
- Able to review and assess equipment issues in the field and determine resources required to return the equipment to operational status.
- Establish the scope of projects needed to be undertaken to improve field failures, design or manufacturing defects in equipment operating in the field.
- Work with both the customer and internal resources to successfully resolve field issues.
- Engage in field work, as required that may include, but not be limited to, prototype testing, troubleshooting, field engineering assessments and machine commissioning.
- Travel to customer sites, attend meetings, represent the company, ability to go underground.
- Generate new and update existing engineering documents while maintaining the configuration control of those documents.
- Plan and control the development and testing of engineering systems, components, and structures.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc / BEng / BTech / NDip degree/diploma in engineering with specialization in Mechanics, Electrical, Mechatronics is a requirement.
- Ideally candidates will possess a minimum of 1 – 5 years of experience in the design or service of underground heavy mobile equipment or off-highway equipment.
- Experience in design using CAD. AutoCAD & SolidWorks preferred.
- Highly proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams.
- Experience in underground mining methods is an asset.
- Demonstrate ability to create detailed technical reports and analysis.
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Travel is required (min. 20%-30%) including international travel.
- Required to wear PPE as per company policy.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Olivia Trollope at email@example.com
Olivia Trollope Recruitment Consultant CA Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.