Reference No. 1104 007 SS
Reference Number: 1104 007 SS
Our client, an South African based IPP in the renewable energy industry, is seeking a Contracts Management Associate who will, during the construction and operation of renewable energy projects (including solar, wind, hydro, hybrid and battery technologies), support the Project Manager and/or Facility Manager to fulfill the contractual obligations of the company (representing the Employer / Owner / IPP / Seller) and enforce rights of the same against contractual counterparties (such as EPC Contractor / O&M Contractor / Offtaker / Government).
- Negotiation of the EPC or OEM Contracts, BOP Contracts, Co-Operation Agreements and O&M Contracts as may be required and requested, from time to time, in order to facilitate the achievement of Financial Close of the respective entities.
- Enforcing the Employer’s rights and actioning the Employer’s obligations under the construction contracts (EPC, OEM, TSA, BOP, Co-operation Agreements, leading into O&M Contracts) and Project Documents and Financing Documents as may be required and requested, from time to time.
- Establishing standard forms of contractual notices and communications to facilitate item b above.
- Review and challenge representations made by the Project Manager and/or Facility Manager in contractual communications.
- Assisting and guiding the Project Coordinators with the set-up and creation of the project Obligations Tracker.
- Providing guidance to the respective Project Coordinators in the establishment and maintenance of contractual record-keeping.
- Challenging claims, change proposals/variation requests, etc. from the Contractors as may be required and requested, from time to time.
- Drafting claims and other contractual communications that may be required in terms of the Project Documents as may be required and requested, from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 2 years in the drafting, negotiation and management of construction contracts
- LLB / BA (Law) / BCom (Law) preferred with articles completed
- FIDIC preferred
- Construction experience essential
- Familiarity with renewable energy projects preferred
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.