Reference No. 2901 04 SS
Reference Number: 2901 04 SS
Our client is seeking a Construction Site Manager who will be responsible for coordinating activities and interacting with EPC to monitor project HSE, Quality, Budget and KPI’s to deliver a fully constructed, commissioned and tested Facility.
- Manage stakeholders in accordance with detailed knowledge of contracts, including Power Purchase Agreement, EPC Contract, O&M Agreement, and various Project Agreements/permits/consents.
- Organizing the integrated site team in order to supervise the EPC Contractor’s construction progress, quality of the works, including commissioning until COD (i.e. inspection witnessing, clearing punch list items, issuing mechanical completion certificates, turnover packages readiness, checking and implementing commissioning procedures.)
- Ensure EPC Contractor's compliance with site HSE rules and regulations during every phase of construction.
- Monitor EPC Contractor's adherence to approved Method Statements/Risk Analyses at every construction stage.
- Act as Owners' interface to Eskom along with the HV Electrical Engineer.
- Organize site layout, offices, storage areas, etc.
- Attend site meetings and technical sessions with EPC Contractor.
- Conduct Safety Walk downs with EPC to promote site HSE culture.
- Monitor and check EPC Contractors' work across disciplines for timely delivery.
- Provides the Project Director with the inputs for the monthly progress reports, relevant information to check EPC Contractor invoices.
- Verify and issue the Owner Engineer logbook, managing the site logbook.
- Follow up of the actual progress versus planned values,
- Ensure that the critical activities are executed according to schedule, and look for opportunities to create margin within the critical path.
- Analyse the works and imposes optimizations towards the Contractor where possible.
- Evaluate and approves all recovery plan of the delayed activities to secure the overall schedule.
- Support the schedule engineer in drafting the progress reports towards Project Director.
- Daily management of on-site technical personnel (hours present, leave, etc.) for the personnel reporting directly to him, in cooperation with HR manager.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in construction of power plants (technology based), preferably for PV and/or BESS plants.
- A minimum of 1 project construction completed
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline of Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is preferred
- Previous experience in Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers Programme (REIPPPP) Project Bidding, Award to Financial Close, Construction and Operations
- Familiar with the OHSACT
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term contract
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Sheree Scheepers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.