Date Created: 2020-02-25T08:34:51+00:00
Reference Number: 008 2502 RR
Compliance Officer (Compliance Programs / Investigations / Risk Processes /Mining ) – Central Africa
Reference Number: 008 2502 RR
Assisting the Head of Compliance, Africa to support operations and development in Central Africa; to ensure the implementation, maintenance and improvement of business compliance and risk processes and tools, accompany its development, ensure the implementation, oversight and monitoring of the Group’s ethical standards, codes and rules and liaise with Group Compliance.
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance program and its relevant activities, to prevent illegal, unethical and improper conduct.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Program.
- Periodically review and update changes and amendments to the standard of Conduct, to ensure continued relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk, Internal Audit, HR, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consult with the Legal department or the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Manage the compliance team.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating, investigating and or recommending actions.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Provide reports on a regular basis, as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to the Group Chief Legal Oficer, Africa General Counsel and the Heads of the Africa region, as and when required.
- Maintain an effective compliance communication program for the organisation
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others, as appropriate, to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Action and report on vendor verifications (CPDD’s) Oversee and monitor new and existing vendors to identify the risks associated with their relationship with the Company.
- Monitor, and coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities to identify risk trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Qualification(s): Bachelor’s degree in Business/Law
- Experience Required: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a compliance/risk position.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Competitive annual salary (US$)
- Permanent opportunity
- Frequent travel extensively
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Ruan Roodt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.camining.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.