Reference No. 233 09 23 MW
Reference Number: 233 09 23 MW
Our client a renewable energy provider, is seeking a Commercial Director who will lead the strategic planning and execution of commercial initiatives, including identifying and securing Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) opportunities, fostering co-development synergies, and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- Develop, plan, and implement commercial strategies to promote company growth and success.
- Identify and secure PPA opportunities for projects under development.
- Recognize potential synergies and co-development opportunities to create high-yield investments in the renewable energy sector.
- Establish and manage relationships with electricity users to secure PPAs and match them with developing projects.
- Assist in matching electricity off takers to developed wind and solar assets.
- Lead discussions with Eskom and local municipalities regarding wheeling, managing the process from engagement to signature.
- Stay well-informed on regulatory processes impacting the business, including wheeling regulations, Nersa regulations, energy trading regulations, feed-in-tariffs, and more.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as investors, clients, and industry partners.
- Assist in developing a sustainable asset base of renewable energy projects.
- Lead financial close processes on PPAs and potential sale of developed SPVs.
- Support the company team in sourcing debt and equity, including negotiations with senior lenders and banks to close necessary conditions precedent for financial close.
- Assist with quarterly Shareholder and Board of Directors reporting.
- Facilitate and contribute to staff training and management for both permanent and temporary placements.
- Lead and assist in tender submissions as needed.
- Support development team in commercial negotiations related to land procurement and other project requirements.
- Help prepare investment papers for review and manage investor selection processes for various projects under development.
- Oversee the investor selection processes for various projects under development, ensuring alignment with project goals and company objectives.
- Perform market research to analyse threats, opportunities, and track commercial metrics using KPIs.
- Manage and track expenditures, financial goals, and budgets.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- At least 10 years of project finance and development experience.
- Relevant tertiary degree.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent Employment Opportunity
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.