Reference No. DSS01-GV
Reference Number: DSS01-GV
Our client is looking for a Chief Logistics Officer to assume leadership and strategic responsibility for their organization's logistics operations, orchestrating comprehensive control and enhancement of product delivery to designated customers with increased efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Responsible for resource allocation, budgeting, coordination, management, and oversight of logistics operations, including trucking and transportation, to meet efficiency goals and customer expectations.
- Develop and execute strategies, processes, and cost-saving measures within operations.
- Monitor and report performance metrics, analyse data, and conduct audits to enable proactive risk management and planning.
- Identify areas for process enhancement and capitalize on opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise a team of terminal managers, logistics managers, fleet and tracking supervisors, and truck drivers.
- Manage and train the team to enhance efficiency and ensure the smooth execution of logistics operations.
- Optimize transportation activities, including route planning, equipment maintenance, and driver management, with a focus on reducing Turnaround Time (TAT) for each trip.
- Ensure a high availability rate of well-maintained trucks on the road and collaborate with vehicle maintenance for proactive servicing.
- Improve the efficiency of tire and other consumable usage.
- Guarantee the timely transport of containers and spare parts from ports/airports to designated sites.
- Maintain necessary liaisons and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Graduate with certifications in management and logistics.
- 15 – 20 years of relevant experience in similar industry (oil & gas) with ability to manage large teams and fleet.
- Well versed with roads, route planning and geography.
- Ability to lead and plan execution of sales delivery to various locations, on time and within budget.
- Previous experience in West Africa, and multicultural environment are essentials.
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.