Reference No. 369 09 23 MW
Reference Number: 369 09 23 MW
Our client, an established mining services provider is seeking a full function Chief Financial Officer, who will develop and implement a financial strategy and to manage all financial and risk management and financial reporting. The ideal incumbent will be looking to join a tight knit and successful company for a long tenure.
- Provide strategic financial advice on all aspects of finances, investment and financing plans, and appropriate financial analysis to assist in decision-making processes.
- Ensure organisational compliance with all relevant legislation; keep up to date with all legislative changes.
- Provide financial analysis for projects including financial models and innovative tools to support project and business sustainability and make recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance.
- Develop and implement relevant financial strategies to support company business strategy and objectives.
- Develop and implement company’s B-BBEE strategy and ensure optimal structuring and management of relevant agreements and relationships.
- Manage relationship with financial service providers (audit, tax, legal, insurance).
- Manage company relationship with banks to maximise bank services – understanding the health of the banking relationship, receiving updates on banking scorecards and other metrics to ensure the bank relationship is being leveraged to its full potential.
- Ensure that adequate management controls are in place to protect and minimize financial risk.
- Manage the Group’s current and future cash position ensuring sufficient liquidity headroom is in place.
- Work with operational teams to provide forecasts of future performance and support operational teams in identifying areas of risk and improvement.
- Compile annual capital and associated budgets based on evaluations of strategic investment/cost/service performance options, that will achieve the financial, service, technological and human resources objectives.
- Provide oversight and management of capital expenditure.
- Direct and supervise expenditure of funds ensuring that expenditure stays within the allocated budget and optimising cashflow.
- Oversee and ensure an effective supply chain management policy and system within the company.
- Manage the relationship with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to financial institutions, auditors, customers and suppliers.
- Effective people management and leadership of the finance division.
- Safety – Achieve Absolute Zero Harm.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A minimum of ten years related experience within financial management, of which 5 years must be in a senior management position.
- 10+ years’ experience in mining, civil engineering, EPCM or drilling sectors.
- Bcom (Hons)/B Compt and CA
- Advanced spreadsheet and financial modelling skills
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Mitchill Wernich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Lead: Renewable Energy & Mining
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.