Reference No. 606 0707 MHU
Reference Number: 606 0707 MHU
Our client is an EPCM servicing the mining space who require a BD Manager to join their team in Johannesburg, reporting directly into the VP: Business Development. This person will be responsible for business growth through marketing, client relationship management including key account management and pipeline management; Assist with development of a sufficient pipeline from clients (existing and dormant) to support the business order intake targets through repeat business with a specific focus on building and sustaining credible client relationships; The function is also responsible for new market development (accessing new regions) through business plan development into establishing and securing of new opportunities.
- Responsible for business growth through strategic market planning
- Close collaboration with Marketing
- Client relationship management.
- Pipeline management.
- Responsible for new market development (accessing new regions) through business plan development and securing of new opportunities.
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities.
- Linking business strategy to business development strategy.
- Develop various differentiating technologies for the Group to enhance competitive edge in the marketplace as well as increased margins.
- Developing, negotiating and management of short- and long-term contracts, request for proposal, proposals and commercial agreements.
- Ensure development of an aftermarket strategy and network development
- Support the VP BD with the creation and execution of yearly roadmap objectives in support of Group Project objectives
- Ensure Group technical and business strategies are aligned with business development strategies
- Maintain a good understanding about the client’s business on every level
- Maintain regular contact with the client as the Key Account Manager
- Understand the role and goals of each relationship holder in his/her CRM team
- Ensure the development and continued strengthening of relationships with the client across all the zipper levels of contact
- Ensure that relevant and useful feedback is communicated to the client in a professional and timeous manner
- Monitor client satisfaction and take appropriate action when required
- Develop sound working relationships with other departments within the Group, clients and business associates.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department on Marketing initiatives
- Sell the BD team, and their capabilities to the greater Group
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Assist with the delivery of a courteous and efficient service from the Business Development team.
- Handle claims and complaints promptly
- Submit monthly reports, general information, and recommendations to the VP Business Development with regards to improvements and development of processes and systems.
- Assist the VP Business Development in formulating policies in relation to the Business Development
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Engineering Qualification: B. Eng or B.Tech (Chem/Mech/Electrical/Civil or similar).
- Business management qualification essential
- ECSA registration advantageous
- Strong experience working for an EPC/EPCM within the mining space or a consultancy company within the mining industry
- 5+ years’ sales/BD management experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; Proven ability to negotiate mutually beneficial outcomes; High level of organization & self-motivation
- Proven ability to be able to identify potential clients & build a significant sales pipeline, including cold calling where required
- Due to the nature of proposals (having tight deadlines and competing priorities), the candidate would be required to be able to handle working under pressure and, from time to time, long hours in meeting deadlines
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Managing Lead – Executive Mining Recruitment
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.