Reference No. SR-AAEM-Malawi
Our client within the Agriculture Sector is currently seeking an Agronomy Administration & Efficiency Manager, to be based in Malawi, Lilongwe. The incumbent will be there to facilitate all planning, data collection, monitoring, reconciliations, and efficiency implementation of Agronomy Department operations, and identifying required resources; and business processes development to inform business decision making.
Mission and Values:
- Advocates for Agronomy processes and systems to achieve higher standards in information capture, interpretation and efficiency for business decision-making.
- Draws special action plans and strategies to address key areas of opportunities for improvement as identified by the Head of Agronomy that include:
- Functional and efficient administrative technical information system.
- To identify practices to reduce inefficiencies and costs by working in line with the HOD, Legal and Executive on developments on tracking and monitoring systems, including the inhouse system.
- Develops objectives monitoring and efficiency tools for all Agronomy section disciplines such as Sustainability, Accounts, IT and Operations, in the execution of set programs.
- Develops office administration programs which will act as tools to tracking the efficiency of all information, records, statistics and data.
- To develop and manage the pre-season loan requirement per tobacco type, loan category and input cost per type, to ensure that production plans are met.
- In conjunction with the Procurement Manager, to analyse and order all inputs in good time, being cognizant of the sensitivity of the agronomic season and that all inputs are available in full according to the crop calendar.
- To analyse and manage all System data to ensure data integrity related to customer reporting and traceability and develop key controls to improve overall data accuracy.
- To develop action plans on any gaps identified in the system and coordinate with the Global System Team to develop and improve the software.
- Develop, oversee and manage Farm budgets from planning, monthly implementation, reconciliations including capital expenditure and ensure that all budgets are adhered to.
- Develop, oversee and manage any new projects from planning, operational resource requirement and capital expenditure to ensure the overall viability of the project and that minimum EP is achieved
- Oversee the agronomy fleet, including R&M expenditure, cost benefit analysis, fuel allocation in line with outcomes and any new capital expenditure
- Agronomy seasonal labour planning with headcounts and cost analysis per division and formulate budgets related to a cents per kilogram basis
- To analyse all available data including but not limited to pre-season plan, GPS hectares, plant count and seasonal weather patterns to ensure that all changes are communicated in good time, so that management may develop strategies to secure all contracted volumes
- To develop, oversee and manage all Agronomy STP, ALP and Forestry budgets and to monitor all monthly expenditure in line with departmental budgets
- To develop systems to effectively manage and control all contract grower licencing and registration in line with the pre-season plan to maximise volumes and to develop reports accordingly
- To develop systems to effectively manage and control all Tobacco Grower Associations in line with the Agronomy pre-season plan to maximise volumes and to develop reports accordingly
- To monitor and manage all contract grower loan recoveries and report any anomalies in areas or Field Technicians in a timely manner to ensure credit recoveries are maximised on all loan exposures.
- To formulate, manage and monitor all external Agronomy transport and warehousing requirements for both tobacco and inputs in relation to production targets.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing all customer traceability requirements, including farmer categorisation and maintenance of the system and TOIS controls to ensure a clean supply chain is strictly adhered to.
- Trains Head Office administration officers and area office staff on all administration systems and efficiencies.
- To analyze all Agronomy Department operational cost centers and financial strategic planning processes.
- To lead in the development and execution of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and SOX Procedures within the Agronomy Department and ensure adequate controls are in place and adhered to.
- To lead in the implementation and monitoring of Agronomy IMS procedures and to review and amend any procedure in accordance with departmental and company best practices.
- Develops and monitors operational and financial efficiency tracking tools across the department to avoid duplication of effort and improve business operations.
- Monitors all Agronomy sections on data integrity, frequency, quality, efficiency and productivity of reporting.
- Links and liaises with regional teams and share information on developments and technologies that improve efficiency
- To analyse and ensure accuracy and data integrity of all Agronomy Department customers’ monthly, quarterly and annual reports for all sustainability reports, including STP, ALP and GAP requirements
- Develops implementation plans and strategies for all STP, ALP and GAP requirements, in conjunction with the Head of Agronomy
- Communicates with customers and other external stakeholders on Agronomy projects
- To develop and compile all customer presentations in accordance with strategic meetings, including but not limited to the PMI Governance, IB monthly meetings, agronomy meetings and any other presentations that Executive management deem necessary.
- Monitor analysis and interpretation of all Agronomy Department data, statistics and information and establishes appropriate methods of presentation for end users.
- Analyses and collates all data on vehicles/motorbike movements, fuel and costs
- Analyses the productivity, volume and recovery results and reporting frequency and quality of all sections.
- Work with the Head of Agronomy to evaluate and improve the overall performance of agronomy field personnel.
- To analyse and evaluate all contracted farmer data base and to categorise and develop business strategies for all farmers in line with the annual production plan.
- Analyses and reports on section budgets and operation cost centers
- Farmer Registration
- Develop and maintain Farmer monitoring systems that can be used for contract vetting by the Accounts to ensure adherence to SOPs.
- Stock System
- Manages input outsourcing program and ensures accurate capturing of farmer advances in the STS system.
- Monitoring System
- Develops and manages field monitors tools
- Loan Recoveries
- Generates weekly summarised field reports with recommendations for review with the Head of Agronomy.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Mature person with no less than five years’ experience in a managerial position with wide exposure in a related field
- Must be computer literate with a lot of interpersonal communication skills
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.