Date Created: 2019-02-27T13:37:58+00:00
Reference Number: 9642702NDS
Reference Number: 9642702NDS
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to provide process engineering and metallurgical advice in order to maximise production capability and process efficiencies on their operating mine in West Africa
- Reporting into the Quality Assurance Manager
- Measure and monitor process plant operations and accurately determine performance variances.
- Maximise asset effectiveness through the provision of operating parameters to correct, maintain or improve process plant performance
- Provide metallurgical and engineering input into troubleshooting operational problems
- Provide technical design specifications and operating limits for new, modified or existing plant and equipment installations
- Convey constraints and limitations of existing unit operations based on sound engineering fundamentals and comprehensive study of duty requirements
- Maintain a safe workplace by ensuring all activities comply with company occupational EH&S policies
- Actively promote and develop the site “Standard Operations” platform; a system of work that seeks to normalise process operations management, control and response
- Regularly review and update Standard Operating Parameters & Metallurgical and Process Engineering Work Plan.
- Become custodian, review and update plant PFDs, P&IDs, recovery matrices, product specifications & product SDSs
- Conduct monthly production reconciliations to determine variance between the mine production model and actual production metrics
- Identify and develop opportunities for improved process capability
- Develop process design and upgrade scopes for treatment of future ore deposits
- Complete quick-win projects that deliver improved process capability or feedstock treatment
- Apply commercial rigour in all proposals
- Improve the skills of team members by providing basic technical training and guidance on experimental design, analytical methodologies, tools and systems of work
- Communicate effectively with Site personnel on technical and related issues to enhance process understanding and achieve buy-in and ownership on initiatives
- Ensure product quality outcomes are predicted accurately, sampled correctly, monitored and analysed using appropriate statistical methods
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- BEng, BSc or equivalent in Process, Chemical, Minerals or Metallurgical Engineering
- 10 – 15 years experience in mining and mineral processing
- At least 5 years in mineral sands or flotation processes will be highly sought after
- Technically competent in process or minerals engineering, metallurgy or equivalent; experience in a similar role
- Previous expat experience in Africa is advantageous
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with measuring and modelling physical separation systems.
- A demonstrated ability to reconcile sensitivities and errors in determining the performance of unit operations.
- Strong Excel skills, in particular for constructing mass balances and process models.
- Competent in analysis and design of materials handling systems, in particular slurry pumping.
- Competent with combustion systems duty specification, operation and control, in particular liquid fuelled systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expatriate contract
- Roster 7 weeks on 3 weeks off
- USD tax free salary
- 2 year contract (renewable)
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.