Date Created: 2019-01-07T13:03:37+00:00
Reference Number: 9510701NDS
Reference number: 9510701NDS
My client is currently seeking an experience Mine Manager for their brownfields project in West Africa. Main purpose would be to manage the Mining Planning & associated system drivers; through strategic planning, business insight and predicting future production. Initial responsibility of this position is to develop the operational readiness drivers and manage an earthmoving contractor to startup initial mining pits.
- Development and implementation of departmental pre- production system drivers & core activities.
- Establishment of departmental operational readiness systems
- Review the existing surface stockpiles with regards to volume, density and grades.
- Review the geology data and information in the pits to ensure the block model data is correct and confirm pit sequence mining priorities.
- Review geotechnical work and arrange test work to confirm the slope angles for the pits, and, determine the distinction between free dig and drill and blast material.
- Complete tactical (short term planning) after confirming geology and geotechnical parameters.
- Develop geotechnical, hydrology and grade control protocols.
- Prepare startup execution plan – Includes development of mining model & digging plan through planning software
- Manage Short Term mine planning, scheduling and reporting functions.
- Co-ordinate and incorporate inputs from various sections into an integrated, optimized and practical production schedule and cost effective designs.
- Formulate safe, practical and achievable short and medium term mine plans and schedules
- Manage all Long Term mine planning functions and ensure an integrated life of mine plan and budget that is as per corporate/company guidelines and strategy
- Coordinate and manage Mining Contractor, Mining & Drill & Blast disciplines to meet production, HSE, Costs, budgeting, inventory control and performance KPI objectives.
- Business Performance Reporting & Analysis: Ensure the relevant Business performance KPIs are in place, are aligned to the overall business strategy and are being correctly measured. Analyze cost variance report and note any adverse and favorable variances. Continuously search for improvements to reduce working costs while improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Manage and co-ordinate direction of primary mining and ancillary fleet on haul roads, waste dumps, ROM pad and stockpiles, including earthworks associated with rehabilitation.
- Prepare and manage annual mining zero base budget and cash flow forecast through chart of accounts and costs
- Coordinate mining supply chain with the procurement department.
- Prepare and present strategic and monthly reports on HSE, AO, production, costs, and availability of equipment
- Compile reports as required by regulatory bodies.
- Ensure all major vendors and contractors’ accounts have been appropriately reconciled to Accounts.
- Manage performance management and development program as per AO or similar program.
- Lead asset optimization program of responsible areas. Knowledge in RCA, FIP, Kaizen, 3W, SOP compliance, Contractor performance management, processors and enablers.
- Training & development of Mining National workforce as per nationalization program. Evaluate and mentor subordinates and over-watch a structured training program.
- Active input into the Company’s Safety Management Systems. Report all accidents, incidents and identified hazards. Operate to a minimum NOSA/DuPont/ISO safety standards with extensive knowledge of HSE operating procedures.
- Development and management of live risk matrix.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- BSc Mining Engineering or Equivalent
- Mine Managers Certificate of Competency
- Mine survey Certificate of Competency
- NOSA/DuPont/ISO certificated.
- Blasting Certificate – Open Cast
- JORC reserve estimation and reporting
- Min 15 years’ experience as Open Pit Mining Manager.
- Extensive knowledge of mine planning software and ERP packages
- Experience in brown field’s project development advantages
- Detailed understanding of internal controls and experience in developing control environments is essential
- CI & AO Experience essential
- Must have previous experience in Africa Mining Operations.
- Must have passed pre – employment medical examination
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Expat assignment
- 9/3 roster
- Permanent contract
- USD tax free salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.