Date Created: 2018-12-10T10:01:32+00:00
Reference Number: 9480612NDS
The Superintendent, Metallurgy reports to the Director, Plant Operations and provides effective technical support for all operations of the gold plant, from strategic and tactical planning to the achievement of production and performance targets.
- Ensure the optimization and control of instructions, procedures, as well as the improvement of processes and services related to metallurgical processes.
- Manage and supervise the technical activities of a group of specialized technicians.
- Supervise internal and external metallurgy projects and deliver reports with recommendations.
- Ensure all objectives and requirements are established and communicated effectively to the metallurgy operations staff.
- Develop and assist the metallurgy staff to execute all allocates tasks and prepare the metallurgy tests.
- Implement plant process control strategies to meet or exceed budget targets
- Ensure that metallurgical staff and related resources operate safely and effectively to perform all activities necessary to achieve the objectives.
- Convince leaders and key partners to support change efforts that increase our competitiveness.
- Provide technical assistance to site staff in specific projects to resolve water and effluent treatments.
- Maintain good communications with all the participants in the following departments: geology, mining and metallurgy groups
- Ensure all metallurgy staff perform in conformity with management systems (ISO 14001 & OSHAS 18001)
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in metallurgy or in mineral treatment
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years in a supervision position preferably in gold processing plants.
- Experience in operations management, metallurgy processes, project management, minerals characterisation, extractive metallurgy
- Experience in plant Development
- International experience in similar management preferably in West Africa.
- Good communication skills in both language English and French.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fixed term 2year expatriate position
- Excellent Fly in fly roster
- Market Related CAD package on offer plus bonuses and medical cover
- Economy class flights to point of hire
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.