Date Created: 2018-10-10T12:41:17+00:00
Reference Number: 9341010NDS
Reference Number: 9341010NDS
Implementation and running of mining engineering programs across the company’s tenement areas with the objective of advancing potential mineral deposits through feasibility to production status. The incumbent will also provide an assurance role for the efficient operation and optimization of any future operations developed or engaged in by our client. The incumbent will be a mining professional with a strong technical background and the ability to work in remote, challenging jurisdictions.
- Overseeing mining engineering and feasibility study related activities aimed at advancing the company’s exploration targets to production status.
- Where required overseeing geotechnical drilling, logging and data analysis with the aim of providing quality geotechnical data for mine design activities.
- Preparation of mine plans and designs using industry standard software packages (Micromine).
- It is expected that the company will initially have open pit mining operations but underground mining may also form part of the mining projects as they develop.
- Perform tradeoffs on the selection of mining methods, equipment selection, infrastructure requirements, surface layouts etc required to support a mining operation.
- Prepare and/or supervise the creation of capital and operating cost estimates for the mining related activities
- Ensure that mine designs and plans meet all local mining regulations and requirements, including aspects such as storage of explosives, emission controls, waste management etc.
- Ensuring compliance with respect to company standard operating procedures.
- Management of contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of internal and external reports as per the company’s reporting cycles.
- Preparation of internal memorandums and recommendations as and when required.
- Preparation of requests for quotations/proposals and evaluation of potential service providers responses.
- Preparation of health and safety SoP’s for the companies mining operations
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets if required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Minimum of a B.Sc. degree in Earth Sciences from a reputable tertiary institution
- Minimum 15 years of relevant field-based experience on advanced exploration projects and operating open cast mining operations.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct porphyry copper-gold exploration experience, with a proven ability to advance such deposits through feasibility.
- A member in good standing of a recognized professional organization, allowing for sign-off on code compliant technical reports.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 1 year expatriate contract
- Roster 6 weeks on 3 weeks off
- EURO salary
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.