Date Created: 2018-11-19T11:48:16+00:00
Reference Number: 9461911NDS
Reference Number: 9461911NDS
Reporting to the Mining Manager, the Chief Mining Engineer is responsible to provide strategic and operational expertise to the mine technical functions including planning, survey, geology, drill & blast area to ensure that the life of mine plans are prepared in a structured, accurate and timely manner to improve overall productivity of the company.
- Work with the department manager for the zero base budget preparation for OPEX and CAPEX.
- Driving of signing off mine contractors payment certificates
- Ensure definition of the Mine Planning processes, systems, inputs, planning guidelines and outcomes
- Defining the system support requirements and ensuring their introduction and effective utilisation to deliver timely and accurate mine plans and schedule
- Development and execution of the processes to enable optimised LOM, 3 year, 1 year and 3 month plans to be developed for the mining operation in order to deliver both short and long term shareholder value
- Reporting of progress against plan, highlighting variances and action required to address these
- Evaluation and interpretation of the Geological model and the preparation of an optimised Mine plan and mining sequence
- Budget outcomes and Maximisation of asset utilisation
- Mining layouts and schedules, Clearing and Rehabilitation schedules and Survey scheduling
- Responsible for the evaluation of geological data and resource information and the provision of regular reserve reconciliations to enable accurate reserve depletion status to be determined
- Responsible for the transfer of knowledge and training of other employees within the Technical Department
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Degree in Mining Engineering from recognized University
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in open pit mine planning environment, preferable in bulk commodities such as iron ore and bauxite
- Use of Mining Software (Including GEMS, Surpac, Minesched, Whittle)
- Ability to reflect on what is occurring in order to identify trends and diagnose emerging problems, proactively initiating actions to prevent or overcome problems identified
- Ability to manage a technical department and liaise with peers in other sections
- Contract Mining Management experience very essential
- COMPETENCIES: Forward planning; time management; commitment to timeframes; attention to detail; planning and organising; influencing and collaborating, planning, organising and budgeting; driven for results; commercial and contractual acumen; commitment to health and safety protocols
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent positon
- USD tax free salary
- Fly in fly out roster: 9 weeks on 3 weeks off
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button and visit www.caglobalint.com for the latest CA Global jobs.
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.